Sunday, November 06, 2005

SERVED!

Yes folks. It happens to the best of us. Often when we least expect it, thus making the moment flood with a bitter, bitter taste.

I was served.

I wasn't just served plain, mind you. Oh no. I got served. BY DORKS. (Trust me, they were dorks. I smell my own.)

My friend "Aeris" and I were revelling in the Halloween deco at her neighborhood Target (boycott them! They allow their pharmacists to withhold emergency contraception and birth control on moral/religious grounds! And they eat babies!) and made our way to the toy section. There, she made the most fascinating discovery; a Lego-themed pirate game! It was awesome. She ran up calling my name and then holding the game abreast. Her face lit up with mirth, amusement, and joy as she presented the game to me. In its technicolor glory was the game clutched in her hands. She was excited and pleased as punch said, "I'm totally going to kick your ass."

I heard it, first. Snickering and laughter. Rolling into a grand crescendo, spilling against my ear like a cold November rain, like thunder only less threatening and slightly greasier a trio of Dorklings at the end of the aisle were within earshot. One leaned over and said, "She's totally going to kick your ass."

I was stunned. Assailed from two forces at once, I could only muster a weak "Yeah, yeah she is." Taken aback at the verbal sling I had just been shot with, Aeris and I made our way out of the aisle, towards sporting goods leaving the three headed beast of geekdom behind. Boosted a +1 machismo being next to the bats and weights, I loudly said "Wow, I just got served by DORKS. I was DORK-SERVED." Aeris, taking my lead followed with a few loud dorks of her own. "YOU JUST GOT DORK-SERVED!?" She iterated. More giggling ensued from the other aisle followed by "YEAHHHH DORKS!"

Yeah, I was served. Yeah, I was taken down a peg. But it took three of them to do so.

And I know the intimate touch of a woman.

+1 esteem + 20 I WIN POINTS.

No comments: