Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A change of pace....

Something different from the usual tripe.... poetic (tripe!)



I walked away today
I sent them all away
There wasn't much else for us to go,
I'll write it all down now, set the photos along the wall
Strike the match, dump the gas
And burn it all

They say that life's the culmination of events
It's the awareness of one be-ing,
In the blink of an eye by inches or a mile
It doesn't take much for us to die.

But we keep going on, moving on,
Changing and caring about the trivialities of the day to day
Grinding out our lives and carving our niches
Finding paradise in a world full of serpents in the thickets
We don't give up we try again
As we fall we reach out for a hold
It's always a toss up if we end up out in the cold

It's not enough to make me panic
It's not enough to make me frantic
I won't let this go up in flame again
I just want the old to begin anew
And have reincarnation make its due
And once I step back
If I choose to move back
There's nowhere else to go
As yesterday has flown away
I let my eyes turn to the sky
As I never got.... to say good-bye.

Good night to everybody
Sweet dreams to the sleepers
Sweet music to the makers
Dulce vita to the lovers
Make the most of what you have
Turn the day into your palette and make what it is you wanted
It's never too late, it's never just fate
We perish at complacency we extinguish at stagnation
If that's what you're wishin'
You're not with me.

No comments: